Monday, April 7, 2014

ISD 192 Digital Learning Event Reflection

As I am at home reflecting on the digital learning event our district facilitated today, I am struck by how much our thinking, or better stated change in thinking, has impacted our ability to better support all students in learning.  It is true that we are a 1:1 iPad district, but what we are doing is about much more than the technology.  I believe this picture says it all:


Our staff at FHS (along the entire district) has done wonderful work around customization since we rolled-out iPads to almost 1900 students last Dec.  Without the technology it would be more difficult for teachers to alter and move away from traditional delivery models, but the real difference has been the change in our thinking.  Thanks to our strategic plan and support from our superintendent we have looked for reasons to do things differently and not worried about the "what ifs."  Teachers have been empowered to take risks and use time and space differently to support students in their learning.  Farmington has transformed into a culture of "letting"!!




No comments:

Post a Comment